Most insects strive in the spring and summer. In the fall most people don’t realize that ants, including the Carpenter Ants
Strategic Pest Solutions Inc. provides spider spraying services throughout Windsor-Essex County.
Our spray treatments will help keep your home or business spider-free throughout the spring and summer season.
Contact us to book your appointment (226) 788-9058
Check out some of the pictures and videos from our recent jobs.
The Norway Rat
The Norway Rat is also known as a brown rat or sewer rat. It is the most common rat found throughout Canada and in the Windsor-Essex County Area. Norway Rats are found in a most commonly grey or brown in colour. They are the size of a weight roughly 1-2 pounds, have short snout and they have hairless tails which are shorter than the rest of their body.
Rats can spread disease, destroy your lawn, damage your home, shed or garage, cause fires by gnawing on electrical wires, soil/damage food products and be a general nuisance.
Rats generally need three things to survive: an ample food source, water and shelter.
Some things your property less desirable to rats include:
- closing off entry points around the exterior of your home, garage, sheds and other structures, using steel wool and/or 1/4″ mesh screening.
- Remove standing sources of water.
- Removing all garage, debris and other affects that may provide rats with either shelter or a food source.
If you live in the city of Windsor, the city will bait any open burrows located on your property, free of charge. For more information, please see the following link: https://www.citywindsor.ca/residents/Waste-And-Recycling/Rodents-And-Pests/Pages/Rodent-Extermination.aspx
If you have a rat or other rodent problem that needs taken care of, contact us!
Don’t let carpenter ants destroy your home!
Contact us today, we have your solution!
It is true, independent of whether someone is a neat-freak or are somewhat lacking in their housekeeping, pests can enter dwellings through structural deficiencies or be introduced by visitors, used furnishings or foodstuffs brought into the structure. Although poor housekeeping may not have initially caused pests to be introduced into your home or dwelling, it can certainly create conditions that allow the situation to get out of control quite quickly. Poor housekeeping and sanitation practices can also prevent your pest management specialist from being able to effectively eliminate your pest problem. As much as pesticides are useful in eliminating pests, they are not a “magic bullet”.
Pesticide usage should be limited during their application and can not be used in all circumstances e.g. you can not apply pesticides to foodstuff intended for consumption.
In order for you and your pest management specialist to be effective in eliminating your pests and keeping you pest-free, you (the client) play an integral part in this process.
Your Strategic Pest Solutions pest management specialist will provide you with a description of things to be done both prior to and after a pesticide application has been made, but some of the things you can do to get prepared for your appointment:
- Keep clothes and other unnecessary items off of your flooring, as these provide hiding places for rodents and insects.
- Keep your drawers free of clutter by throwing out receipts and other items that are no longer needed or are not in use.
- Items in storage should be placed in Tupperware containers and stored neatly.
- Thoroughly vacuum and wash all flooring.
- Clean cupboards and wash walls to remove ruminants of foodstuff that can act as food sources for rodents and insects.
- Grains and other food stuff such as flour, rice, pasta noodles and pancake batter should be transferred from their original packaging and placed in glass jars.
For more information, please review the following articles: